MailSafi Hosted Email Security is a zero-maintenance service that delivers continuous protection to businesses against advanced email-borne threats - phishing, malware, viruses, ransomware, spam, etc., before they reach your users.
So what is hosted email security and how does it work? Hosted email security is typically a cloud-based email filtering service provided by a third-party online security company.
To better protect against email-borne threats and spam, businesses sign up with a third-party email security service provider so as to connect to the service provider’s email security servers by redirecting their MX records. Thereafter, all incoming and outgoing emails pass through the service provider’s hosted email security servers, and are filtered of any suspicious emails before they are delivered to the client’s mail server.
Hosted email security servers are managed and maintained by the third-party email security service providers. In most cases, domain administrators can also apply different acceptable spam thresholds by user, group, domain or business-wide via the management portal.
Thereafter, domain administrators can easily monitor the volumes of spam emails being detected, tagged, quarantined and rejected on-demand via the management portal. These reports can help business with reviewing their online security and also help in compiling risk assessments where required in regulated industries.
Hosted email security offers many advantages over in-house solutions because:-
• They have more advanced features
• They have better ability to detect spam and limit the number of phishing emails entering the network
• They are better at detecting email messages that contain malware and ransomware.
• Updates to the cloud-based email security software is managed by the third-party provider. This is one less task and worry for businesses to think about
• Hosted email security software is typically universally compatible with many operating systems, infinitely scalable, and more cost-effective – requires no additional hardware or software on your premises to run.
Here are more reasons why you should outsource your spam filtering.
MailSafi hosted email security service:
• Uses multiple antivirus and antimalware softwares to provide the best possible protection against viruses, malware, phishing, ransomware, business email compromise (BEC) attacks and CEO fraud attacks.
• Offers 99.8% protection from spam with minimal or no false positives.
• Scans both inbound and outbound email for malicious content, attachments and URLs (links) and blocks these from being delivered to the recipient’s mailbox.
• Is compatible with on-premise mail servers and shared hosting platforms including Zimbra, cPanel, MDaemon, as well as Microsoft Office 365 and Google Workspace (formerly G Suite).
• Examines the authenticity and reputation of the email sender to screen out malicious senders
• Uses email filtering methods that analyze source header and email content/domain to prevent email spoofing and reduce risk of identity theft.
• Significantly reduces the amount of junk email that will end up in your mailbox
• Uses sandboxing to protect against zero-day attacks.
• Applies greylisting to reduce the amount of spam attacks.
• Supports email validation such as SPF, DKIM and DMARC to protect against spam attacks that use email spoofing and identity theft to defraud companies.
• Reports look-a-like domain registrations to prevent attacks where the cyber criminals target and exploit third parties like suppliers and well-known brands.
• Inspects character sets to detect similarities that would ordinarily escape the human eye.
• Blocks all attempts to send unauthorized emails from your trusted domains. This effectively reduces the risk that your business will be blacklisted on the internet. Blacklisting leads to inability to send emails.
• Queues emails on our servers in case your mail server is unreachable and delivers them once your server is reachable
• Our technical support is available 24*7
To get started on MailSafi Hosted Email Security sign up here or contact us. Our team will be happy to answer any questions you have. You can also sign up for a 30-day free trial of MailSafi Hosted Email Security so you can evaluate the merits of our email security service in your own business environment. You will have no obligation to renew if the service does not meet your expectations.
Terms & Conditions | SLAs
© 2023 MailSafi | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED